Good Rationing: IVF (there are already enough people in the world)
Also liposuction and other obesity treatments (to be provided only to those who have faithfully followed an exercise program for six months)
True, they are very worried. It is why they are spending so much time on trying to figure out who knew what when about NOTW listening to movie star's voicemail seven years ago. Anything to divert attention from how useless they all are.
Careful, careful. Scientific results that show no significant differences between races are okay to report. Results that even hint at showing one or two races different from one or more other races in a way that could possibly be interpreted by anyone as "better" are considered racist and must be suppressed with the full force of politically correct indignation.
“Yes, Ariana, it is growth we want, but that is hard. It is much easier for congress to fight over "leverage issues" than actually do something for the American people. And if that fighting damages the full faith and credit of the United States - well, what is that compared to winning an election?
What Americans really want:
1) Both sides of congress to stop playing with the full faith and credit of the United States for short-term political gain.
2) Massive cuts in government spending, including defense
3) Massive cuts in corporate welfare (subsidies, deductions, tax credits, allowances, etc)
4) Eliminate all income-tax deductions, allowances and credits of any kind - & lower the tax rate accordingly.
5) All levels of income to pay some tax, even if the percentage paid by the poor is very, very small
"the Chinese (and much of the rest of the world) see the U.S. as an irresponsible country that owes a lot of money and is now threatening to not pay it back."
Is that really what Americans want - to be known as deadbeats?
1) Debates on 13-week schedule shows this for what it is: an electioneering campaign that ignores the needs of the American economy and its people. Both sides of the aisle are jeopardizing the full faith and credit of the United States for short-term political gain.
2) Running the economy in 13-week increments is the kind of short-termism that caused the financial crisis. Sound like the bad old days of France or Italy with four governments per year - like a banana republic.
What an idiot. Doesn't he realize that prayers are supposed to be pseudo-serious, humorless, sanctimonious, droning drivel? How dare he include anything human, anything joyful, anything funny?
If God had wanted preachers to be funny, He wouldn't make them wear their collars backwards.
You've heard of "Disgusted, Tunbridge Wells"? Well, I live in Holland Park and I've Had It. Up to here! An old curmudgeon, I rant and rave about things I read, see or hear in the News. Frequently sarcastic, irreverent and libertarian; often wrong - but never uncertain.